Monday, February 07, 2005

# 93

I started working out today. The beginning of a year-long commitment to go to the gym 3-days a week to build muscle, get in better shape and sweat like a smelly farm animal in front of strangers in spandex.

No, I wouldn’t be caught dead in spandex.

After a morning of bench presses, curls, flys and the like, I anticipated that tomorrow might be a sore day for my upper body.

What I didn’t expect was not being able to dry my head after my shower. Somehow my arms … just … wouldn’t … lift … above … my head.

They didn’t hurt.
They were fine a minute ago.

Good lord! I think some bizarre combination of working out and hot water shrunk my biceps!

Maybe I created so much muscle in one workout that I am not yet strong enough to use it! That must be it!

(This does not bode well for future workouts.)

In a year from now, I’ll be, like, all buff-n-shit, but I won’t be able to stand up or feed myself.
I’ll be the best in-shape invalid that ever didn’t walk the earth!

Well, everybody needs to make a name for themselves somehow.
I guess this is my destiny.

No comments: