Monday, May 08, 2006

sunny skies

there is a direct correlation between my blogging and depression.
less depression = less blogging

i'm actually in favor of shifting that trend a bit because, like my journals, i'd hate to think that the written record of my life that is left behind when i go is nothing but tales of sorrow and woe. maybe some tales of "whoh!", but not woe.

so, yeah, been feeling better these past couple of weeks. lots of factors involved i'm sure. i can point to the fact that the sun has been out rather consistently, it's been warmer and the rain has ended, things between ami and i seem really good and i can really feel the love and connection that i was missing so terribly, the comprehensive exams are over, i just got a very short-term-but-well-paying contract job, i've been meeting new people and having good connections, i've been getting to the gym more often and am liking the results ...

there's still part of me that wants to tell you about the things that i feel are missing from my life and the things that i feel i want badly ... and, yes, there's still some of that sorrow ... but it is oh-so-just a piece of it all again and not that which is ruling my every waking moment.

one thing that is a bummer is the sleep issue. i'm going to see if i can get some prescription stuff tomorrow to give myself a couple solid 8 hour nights of sleep and see if that resets my system. it really feels like i've just developed a sleep habit that i can't break. we'll see how that goes ... my energy level seems to be okay on 5 hours a night for now.

LIT is pretty confronting right now. our homework this week is to create a very specific list of all the things in our lives that we have wanted and either not attempted to get or started to and then quit. yowza! not exactly sure where this is going, but i have a pretty good idea and i'll fill y'all in about it later.

and hey ... feel free to leave comments once and awhile ... i know i get about 15-20 hits a day, but not too many of you leave comments. i'm curious, from time to time, what you think.

alright .. getting back to the sunshine now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear, man. In practically the same boat here. High spirits, trouble sleeping. Careful of Ambien, been hearing all sorts of weird stories about sleepwalking. My dreams are so intense sometimes, I'm afraid to try it. I've been drinking a mug o' valerian root tea about an hour before I (try) to sleep. Can't say it's really working, though. You may want to give it a shot. Intense cardio excersize seems to work a bit better. Heading out to Boulder on Thursday. Can't friggin' wait...

Bartlebee said...

Ambien rocks. 8 hours sleep on a whole pill, about 6 on half. No hangover, no lingering drowsiness. And no sleepwalking. I use it if I've gone for a few days in a row w/o sleep - or rather, Zack insists I use it. :-)

Anonymous said...

pow! ! blam! kazaooommm!