Wednesday, June 09, 2004

must be pms

I think I'm having a PMS day.

Probably Mild Sickness?
Public Monkey Sex?
Post-Modern Soliloquys?

I decided to drive to work this morning because (a) I was late for work and (b) because I needed to move my car for street cleaning. When I get out to my car, what do I find? A beautiful woman waiting for a ride? No. Someone stole the Fog lights off of my car! It was probably some kind of ninjas (well, okay, so I live in Noe Valley, so it must have been yuppie ninjas) Why do yuppie ninjas need fog lights made specifically for my car!?

PMS = Punks Madeoffwithmy Stuff

So I'm pissed, but I figure, "How much can a couple of glorified lighbulbs cost?".

Here's a simplified transcript of the conversation with the Subaru dealer:

Me: Yeah, my foglights got stolen and I want to replace them. How much is that going to cost?
SD: Uh, let me look.

(hold music for 3 minutes)(really bad hold music for 3 minutes)

SD: Uh, thats gonna run you about $260 with tax.

(pause)

Me: $260?
SD: Yeah
Me: For 2 foglights?
SD: yup
Me: You gotta be kidding
SD: nope
Me: T-w-o-h-u-n-d-r-e-d-a-n-d-s-i-x-t-y-d-o-l-l-a-r-s!?
SD: yup
Me: that's ludicrous
SD: yup

*click*

Have I mentioned how much I hate yuppie ninjas?

No comments: