Saturday, November 13, 2004

how do you spell relief?

d-a-n-c-i-n-g!

The shackles of doom were mightly tossed last night in a three and a half hour dancing extravaganzza! Holy moly I needed that. (who says Holy Moly?). I am so thankful that the Space Cowboys throw such a damn good party and for the skills of one mr. Brad Robinson. I love Brad. Brad can make me dance no matter how tired, how grumpy or how down-and-out I feel. I don't know how he does it, but he gets the whole room shakin' like there's no tomorrow.

If there is ever an apocalypse, I'm hiring Brad to DJ the party.

So I woke up feeling great and then the day got ... weird.

It started with an email from Madhavi saying I couldn't come take Kaya (the dog) out tomorrow because it made Zack feel weird that I also hadn't offered to come and see their new house. Is that weird? Supposedly, if you have a "bad history" it is. I got pretty frustrated that what soon turned into a 'big deal' could've easily been diverted by a simple phone call.

But, no, it became a big deal.

After a couple emails, I called over there tonight (because I'm tired of resolving conflict over email) and Zack and I talked it out for awhile. We managed to resolve some of the issue though it's pretty clear we see things differently. There's still some sensitivity around all the old stuff that I didn't know I still needed to take into consideration. I thought we were past it.

Apparently, not yet.

I can respect that, I just didn't expect that. Last I heard he was happier with me not around, so I was trying to respect that . Out-of-proportion ... it all just got out-of-proportion.

Unfortunately what that means is I can't take Kaya out tomorrow. I was really looking forward to taking Kaya out tomorrow.

So in between all that, I had a great brunch with Zen, got the best stamps EVER (Buckminster Fuller stamps!) and found out that my car had been towed.

Yep. Towed. I was on my way to buy some new boots which I very badly need since my current boots have no tread anymore and have splits completely through the soul which means my feet get terribly wet when it's raining. So, I walk out in my sad boots and find ... no car.

Um, where *did* I park my car last night? I'm sure it was right there. Did I accidently cloak it? Maybe I parked it there the *other* night.

After spending 30 minutes on hold with the city tow place, I find out they, indeed, towed my car and it was going to cost $171 to get it out + a $75 parking ticket because someone complained the my vehicle extended past the drop of their curb.

It so did not.

I am a Virgo, god damnit! I like symmetry. I notice these things.

Besides, aren't you supposed to paint the curb red if you don't want someone parking there? It's not like I was blocking the garage.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, $241 and a mild headache later, I'm not in the mood to go spend $150 on boots. So think of me next time it rains. I'll be the one with the wet feet.

It's now 7:30pm and I've done about 30 minutes of the 5 hours of work planned for today - which means I have a long night ahead of me.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Brad Robinson ... where are you when I need you!?

Fortunately, it will all be better tomorrow. Fuck that, it's all better now. In the grander scheme of things, this is all so insignificant. It's just that after a lousy week and a night spent getting rid of all that doom and gloom, I was hoping for a peaceful and productive weekend. Oh well - better luck next time.

Really, I'm over it. Though I could use a really boring and uneventful Sunday.

No comments: