Thursday, November 25, 2004

thankful

Thanksgiving 2004

These are a few of the things I am thankful for this year:

My life
My health
The comforts and luxuries available to me
My family for their love and support
My friends (and their babies!) who witness and support me in my life.
The Rhythm Society for opening me
My mens group for challenging me
Bruinslair for giving me respite
Natural places untouched by humans for beauty and solitude
A dog named Kaya for unconditional love
Hope to move forward
Freedom to have hope
The freedom of san francisco to be whoever I want to be
Music for the soundtrack of my life
Crushes for charging me up
Time alone for self-reflection, silence and grounding
Soft things
Hot showers
Anything chocolate
My instincts for taking me the right way
Too many material goods for making life comfortable
Annies alfredo macaroni & cheese w/ broccoli for being the best meal ever
Drums for allowing me to express that which cannot be spoken
The ability to experience life in other parts of the world


And mostly:
I am really thankful to be who I am. I don’t know if there was ever a time in my life that I liked myself more than I do right now – hangups and all. I’m pretty fucking happy to be me. And for those of you who actually read this – I’m pretty fucking happy that you are you.

1 comment:

Baron von Stencil said...

When we're sad we make every thing sad,
when we're happy we make everything happy.
On behalf of everything THANKS for making us Happy.