Monday, July 24, 2006

hot metal! oh, yeah!

what's hotter than a leather-clad angelina jolie wielding a riding crop?

hot metal, that's what.

really hot metal. like molten metal hot.

what's this got to do with anything?

i learned how to weld yesterday. it was ... hawt!

the best part? i still have all my fingers and toes!

i have some crazy friends who are building a cathedral on the playa this year for burning man. in exchange for some help, they've been teaching people how to weld. yesterday i was working on a few of the steel trusses that will make the arches in the center of the 40ft. structure. (see below)





welding is certainly both a skill and an artform. i'm actually pretty good at it for a first time welder and am interested to learn more and create my own thinga-ma-bob someday. hell, even using the plasma cutter to cut out designs in the burn barrels looked fun!

oh yeah, and women in welding gear? ..... hot!

1 comment:

sixwheeler said...

Caught my attention!
There's nothing like the smell of that suede welding gear, and steamy quenched metal...
or a hot guy in a cowboy hat!
I can weld, need any tips? maybe I better send a pic of me in my gear, (got a hot working MIG welder and know how to use it!)
or how about one of me working on my Cummins powered truck?