Wednesday, August 09, 2006

for those of you i am about to rock ...

i salute you.*

today is my second interview for a job that i really want. i found out last night that my interview is essentially with 4 top dogs of the organization. i feel ready, confident, on top of my game. i generally do very well under pressure and in interviewing and public speaking. i was thinking last night that i can't remember any job that i actually got into the interview phase that i didn't end up getting an offer for. perhaps that's just really good selective memory.

when waking this morning, it occured to me that how i perform today may very well dictate my future. perform well (i.e. be myself) = a high probability that i'll get the job i want and start, for the first time in my life, moving toward a career (ewwww!). perform not so well (i.e. be unfocused, dispassionate, etc.) = a lower probability i would get the job and then have to do something that i don't at all want to do ... look for another job! (double ewwww!)

so i've decided i'm just going to get the job. more over, i'm going to be offered a good salary and i'll end up with 3 weeks or so before i have to start - during which time i'll dip in to my school loan money a bit and go travel somewhere.

so now that that is settled ...

actually, the advent of that occuring will be more relief than i can describe. there has been so much psychic energy tied up into 'job search' for so many months now, it will be a great relief to have that done with.

i am going to miss a summer full of 4 day weekends, however.

there's a bunch of other stuff i could blather on about and will soon. my RSI has been bugging me for the past week, so i'm limiting my computer use to let it chill out.

1 comment:

Clare Jane said...

OK, so it's Thursday morning: how did it go?