Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Drat! Foiled Again.

So last night I was 2/3 of the way through a brilliantly inspired blog entry when the power went out in town (as it happens to do every so often). Needless to say, I lost everything I wrote.

This was the second time this has happened which explains for the lack of story updates lately and/or the rather boring writing. That, and the fact that the internet moves slower than a tortoise on valium.

Tonight I am once again staying in Manuel Antonio. I was supposed to be on a bus to San Jose right now so I could go visit one of the volcanos in the morning, but we were unable to get me a ticket for the bus and so I am stuck here again. When I have time to write about what "here" is all about, you'll understand that things could be worse (though this isn't really my favorite place).

Funny thing though. I went to Quepos tonight to buy my ticket for tomorrow and in the random choices I made to walk around in different directions I came across 3 different groups of friends I had made in different parts of my travels - Carla, Steve and Melissa, and Rueben ... all in a matter of 30 minutes or so (and Quepos isn't exactly the place to be!)

So, I am uninspired at the moment and will leave you with no real insight into the last week or so of travel. I will catch up soon (probably tomorrow when the internet is free - yes, the WHOLE internet!) or when I am home this weekend avoiding the things I should be doing. Isn't it better that way?

Adventures soon to come ...

No comments: