Wednesday, January 12, 2005

bad, bad blogger

Sheyoot! How has so much time passed? I am a bad blogger ... bad, bad blogger. I guess since I am on vacation from school and have no reason to procrastinate, I am less likely to pass the time writing about schtuff.

I am currently in Florida visiting my dad, Jane his wife, his son Elroy ... oops, I meant his daughters Daniella and Marianna and a weasel named Jeb. They just moved here in June and I am seeing the house for the first time. They live in a budding town called Palm Coast about an hour south of Jacksonville and it was clear upon arrival that I could never live here. I just don't think Florida is my place. It's so ... retireminty. My sister, who shall remain nameless (Hi, Katrina!), is building a house next door and I will now convince her that this is not crazy, it's a very fine idea ... I love Florida! Congratulations!

Tomorrow, I begin phase III of my vacation which is two weeks in Costa Rica. (Phase I was three glorious days at Harbin Hot Springs with Vixzen where we slept, soaked, ate, soaked, watched movies, slept and tried to come up with a name for what it is we are doing. We were successful in everything ...... except coming up with a name for what we are doing, so for now, we are ... um ... er .... mmmm ..... aw, who cares, we're just that which will remain nameless - somewhere between just hanging out and being a couple.)

So my plans for Costa Rica are now nailed down to ... I have a place to stay tomorrow night. After that, I have no idea. I kinda like it that way. It may make things more expensive if I have to pay more for a room or backtrack, but I like not being so methodical about *everything* I do. This is yet another opportunity to challenge some fears and reduce the limitations I put on myself. I feel pretty confident that I am going home at the end in one piece, so I'm not worried.

If you are reading this and have any suggestions for Costa Rica, please let me know. I'll be there for 2 weeks before coming back to restart school and work. I have to remember that this is vacation and not a challenge to see every corner of the country (which is what I generally want to do). If I don't sit still for at least 4-5 days, I'll know I'm doing something wrong.

The next couple weeks should provide some good opportunities for blogging and I'll hopefully have some good stories to tell. If not, then I'll at least make you envious by describing how little I did while sitting on the beach that day, drinking tropical drinks and schmoozing with beautiful costa ricans and european super models.

Don't think for a second that I don't get just how fortunate I am to have this luxury. I earned it (I think) and I made it happen.

Bon voyage!

1 comment:

Bartlebee said...

Try "intimate friend".
And if you're lucky, you'll have everyone laughing at you.