Monday, September 06, 2004

everything but the monkey

just back from bruinslair ... i am such a lucky, lucky guy. that place is awesome and it feels great to have had such a hand in putting it all together. so many people don't get to experience such a place. what did i do right to deserve that?

there was a small crew this weekend, just 10 of us. me, and the ladies. swimming, hiking, napping, picking blackberries, drinking, sauna-ing, yoga-ing, campfire-ing and la-la-la-ing. the weather was perfect, the food was delish, and a good time was had by all.

i even got homework done - gasp!

of course, this all turned to shit as we drove back behind the RV-doofi (i think that's the plural form of doofus) of the world. why don't these people pull the fuck over when they know very well there are 30 cars behind them on the road? that's why they created turnouts in the first place!

and then i get home and my computer is all messed up. i'm booted off my external drive right now so i can type this very entry and to make sure the homework i did on friday was recoverable (which it is, thank god), but it still doesn't explain what i did to ruin my start up disk. i hate being ignorant about computer sys admin stuff. i mean, i can usually figure programs out pretty easily, but it's all the back door stuff that i just don't know anything about. i guess i'm not your back door man.

i say things like that and then remember that i think my family reads this stuff once and awhile. hi mom!

nothing could be more lewd than what came out of mouths this weekend though. i won't even go there.

and what's with the 90-degree weather in san francisco?? i was looking forward to coming home to a nice cold blanket of fog, but ... no ... it's a freakin' heat wave. must be "earthquake weather" ... which is what they call any weather abnormality in SF.

oh! i have a new blog reader .. welcome sonia! i came back from the weekend and actually had comments from, like, 4 people. 3 of whom i didn't know read my blog. just shows to go ya.

and i follow up this exciting news with another blatantly boring post. but, i'm tired - there was a giant beast outside my tent last night that kept me awake. i think it was a sasquatch. or a raccoon. a giant, man-eating raccoon. one or the other. i fought it off with my super snoring power quakes, though.

now i just have to convince madhavi to come and re-teach me how to make a pie crust so i can make a pie with all my hand-picked blackberries. i offered her half the pie in exchange. that's fair, i think ... even if it is my birthday next sunday and she should just show me out of the kindness of her heart (okay, i just wrote that in case she reads this).

anyway, i need to go back to sulking over the fact that my computer doesn't work right and that i have purple stains all over my hands.

i will write again soon, hopefully with a working computer and a piece of pie. mmmmm, pie.

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Now, now, Jason! You're not sharing the good stuff. I want to know about all the lewd comments, and I want to know about the la-la-la-ing. LOL! What does it entails exactly? LOL! ;-)

I'm happy that you had a great time. I like the smell of nature, the pine trees and all. Me, I worked all weekend, because I wasted my time too much last week and I had a deadline today. In fact, I pulled an all-nighter. So, my blog will wait for today, I'm too damn tired.

Have a fantastic week!

Sonia