Wednesday, September 08, 2004

sucks for you

i just don't know how i'm going to keep up this week. i thought, before i started school, that i was one busy mo-fo. and i was. it's just that the after-work business was important, but didn't take on the same weight as school does. and my current awareness of "work load" has less to do with the amount of work i have to do, rather the time it takes up in my life. i'm just kinda tired already.

i think it's the excessive reading. reading tires me out. i'd rather be 'doing' things and i actually look forward to statistics homework for that reason.

i'm still excited about school, though. it's my job that is wearing me out. i have two HUGE meetings to prepare for which should take all of my 17.5 hours a week there, but on top of that i have to train not one, but TWO people. when the hell am i supposed to have time to do that??

end bitch session.

things that made me very happy today:

1. i fixed my computer thanks to my friend rrrus! (it was very easy)

2. my books from half.com showed up today so i can return my over-priced textbooks

3. work peeps got me a birthday cake for my birthday on sunday (mmmmm, cake!)

4. i didn't get busted for not finishing my homework due today b/c we didn't even get close to covering the reading

5. i ate annie's mac & cheese for dinner


things that made me very sad today

1. $35 parking ticket. stupid, stupid, stupid. i shake my fist at you, oh parking clerk!

2. waking up at 6:15 to do homework

3. the smell of my armpits midday

4. realizing just how much pressure is on me at work

5. not getting through to my dad's house (again!) so that i can wish my baby half-sister a happy belated 4th birthday!


that's it. that's all i have for you today. sometimes when i look at other blogs, i think .. wow, these people have so much to say ... so many interesting articles they've found .. so many political commentaries to give forth ... so many people to make fun of ... and then i realize they are all bored at work and i'm glad i'm not bored at work anymore ...

though i do wish i had more interesting things to report to you.

oh well, sucks for you!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I know that I'm late for that, but hey, I didn't know. So Happy Birthday! I hope that you got a great one. I'm sure that when it comes to school and work, you'll get settled in a routine soon and it will get easier. It's easy to feel overwhelmed sometimes.

I know that I didn't update my block lately. I had the most craziest week. I work, work, work, work, work. I even pulled two all nighters. And let me tell you did, I am not some young frisky thing anymore. And pulling an all-nighter to work, when you word the day before and you're going to work the next day, is not the same that puller an all-nighter partying with friends. So I haven't had time for my blog. And now it's 2 h 12, so it's too late. It'll have to wait until tomorrow.

So, I hope that you're having a great week-end!

Talk to you soon. :-)

Ciao!