Tuesday, September 21, 2004

grrrrrrrrrr!

it's been a little while since i've posted, a few people have actually asked what's up. wow ... i have a few readers!

mostly i've just been uninspired to write this week and i figure it's better to wait until i have something to say than to write empty words. but then again, empty words often lead to something richer underneath.

i've also had a pretty gnarly flare up of my RSI (repetitive stress injury) in my right arm which means i should stay off the computer as much as possible, though that's difficult since i have to use one at work. it's definitely a concern since i've been dealing with it for over a year now, but i'm in good hands with my doctor and now that i'm in school, i'm actually reducing my time behind a computer by 15-25 hours a week. i just hate when i'm experiencing pain and there's no direct and obvious cause - (unlike a cut or a bruise, i can't wait a couple days and it will go away ... i have to create a larger behavioral change by reducing stress and the wear and tear on my arm(s)).

anyway, i just got back from the Lion King with kendra. i got free tickets from the mac-daddy Mackenzie (okay, she's probably the mac-mommy) because she works there or something (for those of you who don't know her, she was Melody in the movie Groove) and she's pretty rad. Yup, I just said rad.

The show was pretty impressive. I can't say I was totally blown away by the show as a musical piece, but the costumes and scenery and lighting design were just amazing. The sheer creativity with creature puppets and costumes matched with movement was very interesting to dissect AND there was one piece that had, hands-down, the coolest lighting effect i've ever seen on stage.

and nala was pretty hot. she can come sing me to sleep any night of the week. grrrrrrrrr!

we accepted a new roommate for our house tonight. she seems pretty cool - also a grad student and in a program with a good friend of mine. i think it will work out. she really needs a place to call home so she can settle into school and some changes in her life and it feels like we might be able to create an even more "homier" environment here. i'm beginning to like this place. i just need to finish decorating my room.

so, with the exception of physical issues in my right arm and left thumb, everything is dandy. i'm beginning to start thinking about what to do for my winter break and kendra and i talked about maybe travelling together in december. we will also probably start looking for a home with Jill in mid-winter and that would be the bestest.

i think i need to convince rachel to go to belize this winter and invite me again! (rachel, do you read this!?) i mean, what more fun could you have than me, rachel, kendra and (____) in belize ... with coctails ... and snorkels ... on fire ... ???

i could also go to hawai'i or costa rica or the galapagos or south america ... as long as the living is cheap and it is hot and watery ...

okay, enough typing for tonight .. i'll finish some half-written posts from earlier this week soon. and to all my readers ... good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i mean, what more fun could you have than me, rachel, kendra and (____) in belize ... with coctails ... and snorkels ... on fire ... ???"

ooh! ooh! that blank space up above looks like the perfect amount of space for a Jon and Anna Liisa. :-)

Sonia said...

Hi Jason! Glad your back on the computer! I know what you mean about your injury. I work with a computer more than 60 hours a week, and sometimes my wrist starts to act up. I don't know if it's the carpal tunnel or something like that syndrome, but when it starts to hurt, I have to rest it for a few days.

I sure hope that you go to Belize also. Then when you come back, you can entertain us with your vacation stories. ;-)

Well, time to clean the house just a little bit!

Later!

Sonia