Friday, March 24, 2006

death & beauty

i discovered this site that was sent recently by a friend:

The Library of Dust

click on the "project information" link in the lower right hand corner to see what it's all about.


Seems fitting in my life right about now as I'm experiencing the death of a dream. Though the warm grey rain speaks for my heart today, I cannot turn my eye from the beauty within this journey. Through the heartache, I learn more about myself. I grow stronger. I find more love and acceptance of myself. There is beauty in every laugh and every tear. Recognition of the universal truth of this life: Nothing stays the same ... everything changes, everything dies. That is a truth to be embraced. That is a real beauty in this life.

Once that is embraced - that everything changes, one can let go of attachments. What is the use of being attached to something that in every moment is something new? What is it that is being held onto?

I am doing my best to be aware of this greater wisdom and at the same time allowing myself the very human emotions I am going through. I do not expect that spiritual awareness will free me of all suffering today, though I am open to that possibility ;)

It occurs to me that this is yet another step in the life of Jason. Nowhere to go but here.

My heart weeps and I am astounded by it's beauty.

No comments: