Monday, October 25, 2004

brains!

Wow. So many days, so little blogging. I swear these days are going by so quickly. And I am not at all enjoying the fact that it is *not* light out when I wake up in the morning.

I am in the middle of midterms and so you will probably not be hearing much from me in the next two weeks. I am pretty sure I can ace the exams, I just need to keep putting time in for studying. Oddly enough I think Statistics is my favorite class this semester. Sigh ... whatever has become of me.

In other news, I really want a hot dog right now. Don't ask me why, I couldn't tell you, but about 5 minutes ago I got the biggest craving for a hot dog. I haven't had a hot dog in at least 7 years. I wonder what would Freud say about that.

In still other news, turns out my date last week did go well. We're going out again this Friday. I think that means I am officially "dating". Being a relationship kinda guy and not wanting a relationship right now, this is really new territory for me. Quite fun and interesting and weird and ... shit, who knows? I'm figuring it all out as I go. The one thing I was clear about with her is that I refuse to play any of those stupid dating games like "I'll wait precisely 2 days, 7 hours and 52 minutes before I call to say I had a good time". I never bought into the various "rules" of dating and won't now.

Okay, I'll also share that just now as I am writing about dating, something has come up for me. I started feeling uneasy about writing that I am dating and I think that is because part of me feels like I'm dating because I must not be good enough to be in a relationship with someone. This, of course, is total B.S. since I've spent 9 of the last 11+ years in long-term relationships. But, nevertheless, it's interesting to note that I associate dating with "not good enough for something permanent".

Of course other people dating is not a sign of failure ... just mine.

Noticing that this is just one of the stupid thought-patterns I come up with reminds me how ridiculous we, as humans, have become with these supposedly "advanced" brains of ours.

Which reminds me ... if you haven't seen this story yet that Ed pointed out in his blog, you MUST read it. It's terrifying and fascinating. In brief, some scientists grew a simple brain that has taught itself how to fly a plane in a flight simulator. Can you say - freaky!?

I'm going to study. Entertain me ... please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test.

this is a test of your commenting system.

all the way from the freezing ass east coast.

z

jason s said...

who are you anonymous person??

:)