Thursday, July 29, 2004

careful what you ask for

last week at work was kinda slow.  i thought to myself ... i like it much better when i'm really busy.  of course, now i'm really busy and the piles keep getting bigger.

i like it better when it's slow.

in other news, sarah's home!  i got a call last night from her which was a huge surprise b/c i didn't think she was getting back for another couple weeks.  it was really good to talk to her and we should hopefully hook up this weekend sometime so she can gloat about being in asia for 7 months.  as long as she has presents ....

somehow i took a chunk out of my cheek yesterday.  that, or i have some disease eating away at my mouth.  i don't remember feeling the sharp intense pain that would have had to have come with the hole in the side of my cheek, so i'm not sure how it got there.  maybe i did it in my sleep - i have had some fucked up dreams lately.

the other night i dreampt that i woke up in the hospital after a bike accident and apparantly lost some recent memories b/c my ex-girlfriend came in and i thought she was still my girlfriend.  so, i'm in the hospital, all busted up, only to re-learn that i'm not in a relationship with this woman anymore.  not exactly a restful dream.  it makes me wonder if there is any unfinished business in my head around all this.  i don't think so.  my heart still has some stuff going on around it all (duh!), but i think i'm otherwise a.o.k.  it's certainly the most mature and transformative break-up i've ever had.

hmmm ... i have nothing else to say right now.  i'm going to go see if i can find Clinton's speech online since i missed it the other night and the reports are that it was incredible.  such things should be heard.  i'm feeling optimistic about getting bush out of office.  i think we're gonna win.

go team!

4 comments:

boabhan sith said...

lol...so I don't guess you're voting for Bush...I haven't decided who to vote for...Bush looks like the lesser of the evils, but what do I know, hehehe

jason s said...

Kerry may not be the "ideal" president in regards to how I want to see the world, but next to Bush he is far from the "lesser of two evils". Bush has done nothing for this country but run it into the ground. He scares me with his total lack of concern for the environment, education, health care, women's issues, equality ...

I won't tell anyone how to vote, but think about a president who actually listens to what *we* want and who doesn't lie to make his agenda happen.

e said...

1. you can find clinton's speech for free on itunes.
2. you may have mouth termites.

juli claire said...

i'm guessing that biting your cheek 4 times the day before may have something to do with the subsequent hole. i have sustained such strange cheek phenomena myself and find it fascinating, though sometimes alarming, that my memory can be so selective. the other day i suddenly noticed i had bloody ankles and had no idea how they sprung a leak.