Monday, July 26, 2004

vacation approaching

i have 2.5 weeks off starting August 11th and I haven't made any plans yet.  i might just hop in my car and drive somewhere and be "on my own" for a couple weeks.  it sounds good minus the high cost of gas, but it sure beats the hell out of sitting around in SF while all my friends are working.

i thought that i would use my frequent flier miles to go to hawaii or costa rica for 10 days, but found out that they fricken expired because i hadn't made any changes to my account in three years.  so i spent an hour on the phone yelling at them for not notifying me, trying to get them to reinstate the miles, but it didn't work.  i wrote Michael Finney at Channel 7 news today to step in as my consumer advocate.  His team puts the pressure on stupid corporations trying to jerk the consumer around.  even if it works, though, it may not happen in time for me to fly anywhere good for my vacation.

i got some friends to see in the pacific northwest, so maybe i'll do that.

any of you (3)? people have suggestions for my vacation? 
anyone wanna go on a road trip!?

 

1 comment:

e said...

obviously, you should go on a road trip.